What was the happiest moment of your life?
Enter Real Simple‘s 10th annual Good Read Essay Contest and you could have your essay published in Real Simple and receive a prize of $3,000.
Submit your essay starting on Monday, May 22 at 12:01 A.M. EST.
Real Simple Good Read Contest Rules:
1. How to enter: This contest began at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Time (ET) on May 22, 2017, and ends at 11:59 P.M. ET on September 18, 2017.
To enter online submit your typed, double-spaced submission (1,500 words maximum in a Microsoft Word document) at realsimple.com/goodreadcontest.
To enter via postal mail, submit your essay by mailing your entry to Essay Contest, Real Simple, 225 Liberty Street, 9th floor, New York, NY 10281.
Entries must be postmarked no later than September 18, 2017, and received no later than September 25, 2017.
Limit one entry per person or e-mail account.
Essays should be submitted in English at a maximum of 1,500 words and typed and double-spaced on 8½-by-11-inch paper. Essays exceeding this length or handwritten may not be considered.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, or incomplete entries, postage-due mail, or entries not received for any reason. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual-property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium, and (3) has not won an award.
2. Judging: Entries will be judged by Real Simple editors and contributors on the following criteria: originality (25 percent), creativity (25 percent), use of language (25 percent), and appropriateness to contest theme (25 percent).
All submitted essays must be nonfiction.
Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
Decisions of judges are final and binding.
The winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail after January 8, 2018. Names of winners will also be published in the April 2018 issue of Real Simple.
3. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 19 or older at the time of entry (“Entrant(s)”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and participating advertising and promotion agencies (including members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. Prize description: The first-place winner will receive $3,000. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. THE PRIZE IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.
5. Conditions of participation: All the required legal language and additional details can be found on the Real Simple website.
The Sponsor of this Contest is Time Inc. Media Solutions, 225 Liberty Street.